Why I’m Running
I see Congress for what it could be, not what it is today. It could be a place where we come together and create grand ideas that move this country forward. The old dichotomies of red or blue have been used to divide this country and eliminated the hope of solutions that help everyone.
I can bridge what divides us. I have new ideas and approaches to solving our country’s problems. And, I have a proven track record of getting things done. I stood up for our public schools and for preserving good paying jobs. I acted to fix state laws that are wrong. And every day, I practice labor and employment law with honesty and integrity.
I’m a family man who goes to work every day just like you. I am part of what I call the “paycheck class.” I don’t have the luxury of making running for office my full-time job. That is what keeps people like you and me out of the “political-industrial complex.” It is time to make positive change a reality. It is time to return to politics that benefit the many, not the few.
It is time to send Martin Brook to Congress as the Representative for the 9th District of Michigan.
Facebook\GraphNodes\GraphNode Object ( [items:protected] => Array ( [created_time] => DateTime Object ( [date] => 2018-05-25 22:02:30.000000 [timezone_type] => 1 [timezone] => +00:00 ) [message] => I'm committed to getting money out of politics, and my campaign will not accept any PAC money. I don't spend my time raising money, but raising awareness of what I will address if you send me to Congress. [id] => 310948792741646_389829624853562 ) ) 1527285750
Send Brook to Congress for a New Path Forward
Protected Public Schools & Good Union Jobs
- Elected to be a Trustee on the Bloomfield Hills School Board from 2005 to 2010.
- Resisted calls to outsource bus drivers, cafeteria workers, and janitorial staffs.
- Chosen by his colleagues to be President of the Board.
- Made the tough decisions while leading the school district through intense legal battles, a bond proposal, and the selection of a new superintendent.
Knows How to Get Better Paying Jobs
- 25+ years of experience working on the people-side of businesses both as a human resources professional and as an attorney. Understands how labor and employment laws work — or often don’t work — and how to fix them to create better paying jobs and level the playing field for all workers.
Acted to Fix Unfair Laws and Create Legal Reform
- In 2015, obtained the passage of important Michigan legislation to rein in debt collectors that abused the power to garnish wages. Not only did he draft the bills, negotiate with interest groups, he also testified multiple times in the Michigan House and Senate to ensure they easily passed and became law.
- Led the effort to draft a uniform wage garnishment law to reform the process on a national basis for the benefit of creditors, debtors and employers alike.
- Elected Precinct Delegate in 2004 and in that role attended the state party convention.
- Member of the Birmingham/Bloomfield Democratic Club since 2004